Our idea is to make spirograph machine that you can create your own spirograph by controlling the speed of the rotation. Also we wanna create a moment that is calm and cozy while you will just look at the drawing without thinking much, like meditation.
- At first we think out the mechanism of how it works and the materials we need to build this.
- Second, we figured out the math of creating spirograph on computer by mapping the mechanism of the machine.
- Then we make a simple prototype to see if it works. During this time, we had trouble with controlling three steppers at the same time. While debugging, we tried changing the code, the power supply, the driver.
- There is the code about communicating between P5.js and Arduino
- After connecting all the electronic components and testing all the code, we started to make an enclosure for the machine and laser cut mounting parts for steppers, handles and canvas.
Here are the result and presentation in class.
Github repositories for the project https://github.com/linyangworld/spirograph
Our spirograph website https://alpha.editor.p5js.org/full/rJTVgGmgg