Want to know the hottest events happening around you when you are traveling to a new city? cityAround is a real-time location-based community that gathers tourists from same nationality to share information about the city they are currently in.
Job: Visual Designer in Seoul
- Outgoing and easy to make friends with others
- Curious about and want to try new things
- Knows about English, but more comfortable to speak Korean
- As soon as Yumin arrives in Hong Kong from Seoul, she gets a notification that she is invited to join a Korean Community in Hong Kong. Therefore, she taps the button “join” and gets into the group chat with other tourists like her.
- While shopping in the IFC mall at about 7:00pm, Yumin sees a picture from the group that there is a fireworks event happening right now in Victoria Harbor.
- Yumin wants to go to the event too, so she text the group how long will the event last and how to get there from IFC Mall.
- Someone in the group answer her question that she can take a ferry directly to there.
- As there are 3 ports showing on the road indicator, Yumin is confused about which one to take the ferry from. She then takes a picture of the indicator and sends it to the group.
- Someone answers immediately, “take the first one!”
- Finally, Yumin gets to Victoria Harbor and enjoys the beautiful fireworks.
Key Interfaces UI Design
Using digital ocean as a server and mLab as my database.
(Continue working on this project now)